This one day course is designed to teach personnel the proper actions to take upon encountering an accident or other medical emergency.
Successful completion of this course will satisfy:
- The training requirements of Section A-VI /1 and Table A-VI/1-3 of the STCW Code and 46 CFR 10.205(I)(3)
- If presented within one year of the date of training, the First Aid & CPR training requirements of 46 CFR 10.205(h)(1)(ii) and 10.205(h)(2)(iii) for original issuance of a license.
- Importance of body substance isolation procedures
- Identifying scene hazards to ensure scene safety prior to treatment
- Patient Assessment Procedures
- Airway Management Procedures
- Assessment of breathing and rescue breathing procedures
- Control of bleeding
- Treatment of Shock
- Illness and injury assessment
- Treatment of illness and injury
- Movement of injured or ill patients