This one (1) day Medic First Aid course is one of the elements of the USCG/STCW Basic Training program and is designed to teach particpants the proper actions to take upon encountering an accident or other medical emergency. Upon completion the cetificate is valid for five (5) years.
Successful completion of this course will satisfy:
- The training requirements of Section A-VI /1 and Table A-VI/1-3 of the STCW Code and 46 CFR 10.205(I)(3)
- If presented within one year of the date of training, the First Aid & CPR training requirements of 46 CFR 10.205(h)(1)(ii) and 10.205(h)(2)(iii) for original issuance of a license.
- Importance of body substance isolation procedures
- Identifying scene hazards to ensure scene safety prior to treatment
- Patient Assessment Procedures
- Airway Management Procedures
- Assessment of breathing and rescue breathing procedures
- Control of bleeding
- Treatment of Shock
- Illness and injury assessment
- Treatment of illness and injury
- Movement of injured or ill patients
Course is held monthly. Call for dates.
Tuition: $150 0.8 CEUs