What is it? A new type of oil spill response course combining ICS training along with hands-on equipment deployment and techniques.
- Understand Federal, State, and Local permitting requirements applicable to oil spill response
- Understand regulatory and non-regulatory requirements during spill response
- Understand Incident Command System (ICS) roles, responsibilities, and the planning process
- Develop Incident Action Plans (Initial and Detailed) utilizing the ICS planning process
- Describe and demonstrate various types of oil spill response equipment and their capabilities
- Discuss plans associated with spill response
- Describe how to develop strategies and tactics from objectives utilizing the tactics development process
- Discuss oil behavior, including tools utilized to estimate spill volume, trajectory modeling, and spill tracking
- Understand response equipment, technologies, and techniques available for use in spill response
- Understand components of crisis communication
- Boat Handling
- Field Air Monitoring
- Personnel Decontamination
- Hard Boom Deployment
- Skimmer Deployment
- Various Exercises and Demonstrations
To enroll, contact MSTC at 337.262.5929 or email us at MSTC@louisiana.edu.
Note: call for dates and cost
Download our flyer to share with your organization.