The T-BOSIET will introduce delegates to the specific safety issues and regimes relevant to offshore installations, and to equip them with the basic emergency response knowledge and skills for traveling to and from offshore installations by helicopter in a tropical environment.
The objectives of the T-BOSIET Training are that delegates will be able to:
- Identify the generic hazards which are specific to offshore oil and gas installations, potential risks associated with those hazards, and how controls are put in place to eliminate or reduce risks.
- Identify key offshore related safety regulations and explain the basic safety management concepts
- Demonstrate, in a simulated environment, that they can use the safety equipment, and follow procedures in preparing for, and during helicopter emergencies – with particular focus on escaping from a helicopter following ditching
- Demonstrate sea survival and first aid techniques
- Demonstrate that they can effectively use basic firefighting equipment, and practice self-rescue techniques in low visibility situations, to include smoke filled areas.
The T-BOSIET program is designed for personnel who are new to the offshore oil and gas industry in a tropical environment.
Delegate pre-requisites: No pre-requisites required
Training durations: 3 days
Validity: 4 years