This two day course combines classroom and in water training to teach personnel the proper actions and survival techniques to ensure safety during an emergency evacuation/abandonment from a vessel or offshore facility. Participants will also receive instruction on normal and emergency operations during transport, including helicopter underwater egress training (HUET).
Successful completion of this course will satisfy the training requirements of Section A-VI /1 and Table A-VI/1-1 of the STCW Code and 46 CFR 10.205(I)(1).
- Lecture Practical Training
- Drills and crew training
- Types of emergencies
- Abandonment systems
- Location aids
- Helicopter Emergencies Surviving without equipment
- Surviving with USCG approved equipment
- Helicopter emergencies
- Surviving with FAA approved equipment
- Use of Lifeboat/Survival craft equipment
- Use of location aids
- Practical assessment of skills
- Written test
Note: There is an 10-person minimum to hold this class. Additional course dates can be scheduled based on an 10-person minimum.
Tuition: 1.2 CEUs