This 2 day course is designed to teach participants the importance of fire prevention, the proper actions to be taken upon discovering a fire, and how to protect themselves with existing firefighting equipment within their work area.
Successful completion of this course will satisfy:
- Training requirements of 46 CFR 10.205(I)(2) and Section A-VI/1 and Table A-VI/1-2 of the STCW Code
- Basic Firefighting training requirements of 46 CFR 10.205(g) and 10.401(g)(1) for a license; AND
- Firefighting training requirements of 46 CFR 13.113(d)(2)(i)(A) or (B), 13.201(e), 13.301(e), 13.401(d), or 13.501(e) for any tankerman endorsement.
- Theory of fire
- Fire prevention
- Fire detection
- Fixed firefighting systems Miscellaneous firefighting equipment
- Ship firefighting organization
- Firefighting methods
- Firefighting drills
- Review and final assessment
Note: There is an 10-person minimum to hold this class. Additional course dates can be scheduled based on an 10-person minimum.
Tuition 1.6 CEUs