The eight-hour HUET (Helicopter Underwater Egress Training) covers both helicopter emergencies and installation abandonments. During practical pool exercises, the participant will use both aviation and USCG-approved equipment.
By utilizing the METS (Modular Egress Training Simulator) the participant receives the most realistic training available.
The course can be customized to meet company needs and simulate specific types of aircraft.
Note: This is the Non-OPITO HUET course. Go to the OPITO HUET course here.
- Pre-Flight Familiarization
- Helicopter Safety Equipment
- Helicopter Emergencies Procedures
- Brace for impact positions
- Helicopter underwater escape
- Operation of helicopter exits
- Rescue - Surface to surface, Surface to air (hoisting)
- Installation evacuation: types of emergencies, alarms, escape routes, muster locations, PPE
- Abandonment Options: helicopter, support vessel, lifeboats, liferafts, water entry
- Cold Water Philosophy: effects of cold water immersion, hypothermia, cold shock
- In Water Survival: PFDs, etc.
- Helicopter dry evacuation - land
- Controlled ditch into aviation liferaft
- Helicopter Underwater Egress
- Surviving with F.A.A. Approved equipment: donning inflatable lifejacket, lifejacket inflation
- Surviving without equipment: clothing inflation, use of floating debris
- Aviation liferaft - righting, boarding, features and supplies
- Helicopter Rescue: rescue strop, rescue basket
- Surviving with USCG approved equipment: donning lifejacket
- Entry from a height
- Individual and group sea survival techniques- HELP, Huddle, towing, survival chain, circle, etc.
- Marine liferaft - righting, boarding, features and supplies
Note: Course is offered every Friday.