Proficiency in Fast Rescue Boat (FRB) - USCG/STCW '10
The purpose of this three day course is to train personnel in the proper actions involved in taking command of, launching, and handling of a Fast Rescue Craft.
Successful completion of this course will satisfy the training requirements of Table A-VI/2-2 of the STCW code; “Specification of the Minimum Standard of Competence in Fast Rescue Boats.” Upon completion the certificate is valid for five years.
- Drills and Crew Training
- Requirements for Proficiency in Fast Rescue Boats
- Familiarization Characteristics of FRC’s
- FRC Crew Responsibilities
- Personal Protection Equipment
- FRC Handling
- FRC Pre-operational Checks
- Launch and Recovery
- Hands on - operational checks, launching and recovery, basic handling
- Compass Introduction
- Search Crew Responsibilities
- Rescue Crew Briefing
- Search and search patterns
- Recovery of Victims
- First Aid considerations
- Hands on - compass use, search patterns, rescue
- Special Situations
- Location Aids
- Hands on - Towing, pacing, firing pyrotechnics
- Written Test
Course is held monthly. Call for dates.