Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats Other Than Fast Rescue Boats Refresher – USCG/STCW ‘10
To renew a PSC endorsement, mariners must provide evidence of maintaining the standard of competence as set out in Table A-VI/2-1 of the STCW Code every 5 years. As specified in 46 CFR 12.613(b)(4) and Table A-VI/2-1 of the STCW 2010, mariners who cannot meet the requirement for 1 year of sea service within the last 5 years will be required to complete an approved PSC course or approved PSC refresher training that includes assessment of all competencies for PSC.
This two-day course will provide a means for a mariner to refresh their Proficiency in Survival Craft Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats Other Than Fast Rescue Boats endorsement. Upon completion, the certificate is valid for five years.
- PSC Refresher Requirements
- Marine Safety Drills & Response Organization
- Types of lifeboat launching equipment
- Pre-Launch checks
- Loading & Closing Down
- Launching , Release and Motor Away
- Special situations
- Oar commands
- Performance assessment in launch and recovery of TEMPSC
- Performance assessment oars command and operation
- Deploy sea anchor and towing
- Rescue Boat Characteristics
- Rescue Boat Rule’s, Facts and PPE
- Rescue Boat Launching and Recovery
- Search &Recovery
- Marine Liferaft
- Emergency First Aid
- Location Aids
- Performance assessment in rescue boat
- Written test
Course is held monthly. Call for dates.