This two (2) day course is one of the elements of the USCG?STCW Basic Training program and isdesigned to teach participants the importance of fire prevention, the proper actions to be taken upon discovering a fire, and how to protect themselves with existing firefighting equipment within their work area. Upon completion the certificate is valid for five (5) years.
Successful completion of this course will satisfy:
- Training requirements of 46 CFR 10.205(I)(2) and Section A-VI/1 and Table A-VI/1-2 of the STCW Code
- Basic Firefighting training requirements of 46 CFR 10.205(g) and 10.401(g)(1) for a license; AND
- Firefighting training requirements of 46 CFR 13.113(d)(2)(i)(A) or (B), 13.201(e), 13.301(e), 13.401(d), or 13.501(e) for any tankerman endorsement.
- Theory of fire
- Fire prevention
- Fire detection
- Fixed firefighting systems
- Miscellaneous firefighting equipment
- Ship firefighting organization
- Firefighting methods
- Firefighting drills
- Review and final assessment
Course is held monthly. Call for dates.
Tuition $500 1.6 CEUs